Apoxie® Clay is a Two- component, self curing and shrinkfree epoxybased clay, that combines the features & benefits of sculpting clay with those of epoxies. This product offers enhanced detail properties, plasticity, accuracy and handling features make this clay very user friendly. Apoxie® Clay offers superior modeling, impressions and detail finishing, with a flat skin-like texture.
Apoxie Clay is available in packaging of sets of 110 grams, 440 grams and 1320 grams
Apoxie® Clay is the ultimate permanent, self-hardening, synthetic clay. that combines the features & benefits of sculpting clay with those of epoxies. This product offers enhanced detail properties, plasticity, accuracy and handling features make this clay very user friendly. Apoxie® Clay offers superior modeling, impressions and detail finishing, with a flat skin-like texture.
*Wear appropriate disposable gloves [e.g., vinyl or nitrile] when blending parts A and B... [S 37]
Measure equal parts of A&B. Both have a clay-like consistency. Mix & knead together 2 minutes or until thoroughly combined and a uniform color is achieved. *Note that incomplete mixing will give poor results.
Apoxie® Clay is now ready to use & has a working time of 2-3 hrs. Apoxie® Clay can be smoothed or textured with a finger or tool and water or Aves® Safety Solvent before set-up. It can be painted wet or dry.
Clean up with soap and water or Aves® Safety Solvent.
*24 hour cure time is required for product to be waterproof and for hard finishing purposes such as sanding, grinding, drilling, tapping, tooling, etc.
*Wear goggles & dust mask when sanding or grinding cured Apoxie® Clay... [S 36]
*Shelf life can be extended by refrigerating or freezing.
*Keep containers sealed when not in use.
*Keep out of reach of children...[S 2]
Crafts & Hobbies - Sculptures, molds, detailed impressions, finger prints etc. Repairs & Restorations - Antiques, dolls, ceramics, pottery, vases, statues, museum work, furniture, etc. Art, Design, Model Making & Special Effects - Create or add to models, fill & cover seams, cracks, holes; fabricate or extend parts; woodcarving; wildlife art; scenery & habitat applications; create dioramas, prototypes; gaming; miniatures & more! Exterior Quality!
*Can be seamlessly feathered before set-up with a paint brush and the use of Aves® Safety Solvent for fine details; use water for smoothing large surface areas of your project.
*Wearing gloves when mixing A+B is not only helpful for clean up, but ensures thorough mixing of the product.
* If Apoxie® Clay is to sticky to work with at first, allow the product to sit/rest for 20 minutes, as time passes the product will be less sticky and more form-able for detail.
*To keep the product from sticking to your hands try rubbing a bit of extra virgin olive oil on your finger tips to keep the product from sticking
- Premium Quality, User Friendly
- Clay-like texture with superior plasticity, accuracy & handling
- Enhanced detailing
- 2-3 hour working time
- Self-hardening, no ovens, kilns or fume
- 0% shrinking & 0% cracking
- Non-hazardous, No solvents or fumes
- Complies with ASTM D.4236.
- Adheres permanently to clean surfaces: porcelain, ceramic, vinyl kits, polymers, foam, fiberglass, wood, some plastics, and more!
- Hard & durable finish; can be sanded, tapped, drilled, carved, lathed, or otherwise tooled, without chipping, cracking or flaking. Paint or stain wet or dry.
- Clay-like texture gives professional painting and finishing results
- Freeze-thaw stable